MAKE-UP HAUL: BOOTS & CULT BEAUTY


Hi Everyone, for this post I thought I would do a sort of haul post of the make up bits and bobs I have picked up over the last couple of weeks. There are a couple of more expensive items in there that I have had my eye on for a while now and the rest of it is mostly stuff that I have picked up on a couple of recent trips to Boots. I feel like this has ticked a good few products of my wishlist for things that I'm dying to try, but I've still had to reign myself in and regain some self control
in the spending department....so unfortunately the rest of the list will have to wait until another day.



So, I've not actually used this palette yet and I will do a full review once I have had a good play about with it and see how I get on. I've heard great things and following Anastasia Beverley Hills on Instagram when they are constantly posting selfies of girls looking flawless wearing their products it was only a matter of time before I was sucked in and jumping on the ABH bandwagon. It seems like this is just one kit that every girl should own. When this arrived the other day I was like a little kid at on Christmas day! The packaging is lovely and I can't wait to try it! I am usually a fan of a cream contour product so decided to be a little different with this purchase and I went for the powder one. I've heard the pigmentation and staying power is great so I'll keep you posted on how I get on. 

This is another product from ABH that I had been after for a while. I always hear Jamie Genevieve talking about this and see her using this in her YouTube make-up tutorials and her brows are unreal! I'm not sure if it is down to the product or down to her amazing skill as a make-up artist but her videos definitely sold this to me. Again I haven't had the chance to try this out yet as it only arrived the other day but again I will probably do a post on this and how I end up using it. Hopefully it will end up being more of a 'how to' post rather than a 'how not to' but we will see...


M105 - £7.50
These lashes have been popping up all over my Instgram with loads of different make up artists using them and especially Jamie Genevieve as mentioned above. They caught my eye as they are a little more out there than ones you can get on the high street. Other lash brands that have caught my eye on Instagram have all been based in the US which put me off ordering due to delivery costs so when I realised that this company was based in the UK I jumped straight for my bank card and ordered some! I believe you can only buy these lashes online at the moment but the delivery was very fast so its not that big a deal and also they are priced round about the same as lashes on the high street too. 


I was after a foundation for everyday wear that wasn't going to break the bank and would still keep my skin looking great throughout the day. I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I'm just going to work or just popping to the shop I don't like to go with no make up on (I would scare everyone away) but I also don't like to use my expensive make up when no one is really going to see me? This foundation seemed like a perfect fit for this and also, didn't break the bank - always a plus! I've used the PhotoReady foundation before and it is a great drug store foundation, probably one of the best that I've used. I would say this foundation is light to medium coverage if you build on it and it also had little micro flecs of glitter through it that makes your skin look glowy and luminous.

Revlon was on 3 for 2 in boots so as I was picking up the foundation I picked up another couple of things too - I'm never one to pass up a 3 for 2 deal! I've always been a big fan of  Revlon lipsticks - both the Colourburst lipsticks and their lip butters are both great so I was intrigued by these new Ultra HD's. I picked up the colour Rose. A pretty browny/pink Kylie Jenner type colour. The formula is very creamy - possibly a little too soft, but it smells and tastes amazing so that more than makes up for that small flaw.

Charcoal - £6.99
Ever since I seen Victoria from In the Frow using this eyeliner in a recent tutorial I have been dying to get my hands on it! I think the colour is so unusual for an eye liner and it looked great with the pink shimmery eye make up that she used. I'm definitely going to be trying to re-create that look with this. The colour is called charcoal but it is more of a mid grey colour - I think it will be a great alternative to black liner with the summer months coming in.


I've never really used a primer before, sometimes I will use one if im getting ready for a night out to minimise my pores but It's never been something that I've done on a daily basis. I needed something to make up a 3 for 2 offer so thought I would give this a go. I wouldn't say that it's fantastic - it doesn't hide my pores, but that's not what it says its for I suppose, but it definitely makes my skin look mattified and I would say it increases the staying power of my make up too. 

509 You Know You Love Me - £6.99
I spotted these new Loreal lipglosses recently in-store and the first thing that stood out to me was the packaging. I think they have done a really good job on this product at making it look more expensive than it actually is. I'm not really a lipgloss girl but it looked pretty so I thought I would give it a go - and I wasn't disappointed. The Mega Gloss slides on to the lips and doesn't feel horrible and sticky like most glosses. I like to wear this with my Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 28, looks great together! The shape of the wand makes it really easy to apply too since its kind of shaped to your lips.

What have you been buying this month? Any recommendations for products I should be adding to my wishlist?

Love,


2 comments

  1. Great haul! I keep putting off buying the Anastasia contour palette so looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've used it the past two days and I'm really liking it so far! :)

      Delete