ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS CONTOUR KIT

My first impression of this palette was “MEH! What’s all the fuss about!” But, then I seen photographs of myself on a night out wearing it and my face appeared much slimmer and a lot more chiselled than it usually does – SCORE, IT WORKS!

This palette is definitely for people who are looking for a more subtle, natural contour. I think to achieve a more dramatic look you would have to go for the cream kit as I think it would be a little more pigmented.




I have been using the shade ‘Fawn’ first off and using to sculpt my under my cheek bones, temples and under my jaw line. This colour is very subtle and usually day to day I have just been using this and it is enough for me – then on a night out or if I’m going for a fuller face of make-up I have been going over these areas with ‘Havana, which is the darkest colour in the palette, to add a little more definition. After I have sculpted my face I then go in with the lighter shades to highlight. First I use ‘Vanilla’ on all the high points of my face – cheekbones, bridge of the nose up to forehead, cupids bow, chin and jaw bones. I then use ‘Banana’ round my eyes – the yellow tone works well to hide any darkness that you may have under your eyes. Then I finally go in with ‘Sand’ which has a slight shimmer to it and I use this on the top of my cheek bones and on my brow bone.



I’m so glad I bought this and I could not recommend it any more to people reading this! It might be slightly on the pricey side at £38.00 but its sooooo worth the money. I feel that with other products I have used for contouring they all seem to have an orangey tone to the bronzers making your face look like your caked in make-up. The sculpting shades in this palette are very cool toned and are so natural looking on the skin. I don’t rate the shade ‘Sand’ very much though – I wouldn’t care if I never seen it again. I have loads more highlighters that I would rather use, I prefer a highlighter to make your face look glowy and bright and this one just doesn’t do that. They also sell the pans separately which is a great bonus so if you use one shade up quicker than the others you can buy a new one for around £10 rather than having to buy a whole new kit.

Love,




2 comments

  1. Right that's it I need to stop talking about this and actually buy it! Glad to hear the bronze shades are cool toned, I was worried Java and Havana looked slightly orange in the pan!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great - i love it. Don't know how I was ever without it before now :) And yeah the bronze shades are great - Definitely get what you pay for with this one.

      Jodie x

      Delete