THE LIEBSTER AWARDS


I couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be nominated for The Liebster Awards by the
lovely Georgie on her blog Becoming Georgie. The awards are for the small blogging community
with under 200 followers to get themselves noticed by other bloggers and gain some
potential followers! 

The Liebster Awards comes with some rules that you must follow:

Thank and link the blogger (blogs) that nominated you
Post an image of the award that you like the most on your page
Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has asked
Link 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
Create 11 questions for them to answer
 Notify the blogs via their social media sites and link them to your blog


So, first things first lets answer the questions that Georgie has asked:

1) What is the best compliment you ever received?

I can’t really think of one specific compliment – but I love when people compliment my make-up. I always like to spend a lot of time on my make-up especially for a night out so it’s nice when someone else notices this and has something nice to say.

2) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be and why?

The year I finished uni was a really fun year – I didn’t really have anything to worry about and just
had a great year doing lots with my friends….so 21! I think most of my close friends would probably pick this age too as we talk about how great it was all the time. So many funny stories that we will all remember for the rest of our lives.

3) What does being successful mean to you?

Not having to look at the price tag when I’m shopping – superficial, I know. But at least I’m being honest! Haha. I think that once you are making enough money that you genuinely don’t have to worry about what you are spending that is when you know you have made it. Also I would say that enjoying what I do with my life is also a big thing – I am quite ambitious but I would never do something that I hated just because I felt I could be more successful than doing something that makes me genuinely happy.

4) Do you like spicy food?

I am a huge fan of spicy food – I really don’t get why people wouldn’t like it! People who order a
boring korma when they are in an Indian restaurant are odd.

5) Tell about the best thing you have achieved.

Last year through my job I was given the opportunity to train to marry people – I agreed and went through the training but was very apprehensive about this and overcoming my nerves for this was a big thing! I have now conducted several ceremonies and actually really enjoy it! Something I never thought I would do – but I feel a sense of achievement after every ceremony as it is very personal and means so much to the couple. It’s lovely when you get nice feedback and very rewarding.

6) Do you prefer summer, spring, autumn or winter and why?

Definitely summer is my favourite season! Love music festivals and the light nights – also
shopping for festival clothes is THE best! If I could live somewhere hot 24/7 that would
be amazing! Unfortunately Scotland isn’t the warmest – and it rains A LOT!

7) If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be and why?

1.     Phone – can’t be without this ever.
2.     Eyebrow Pencil – my natural eyebrows aren’t great.
3.     Mascara – my natural eyelashes aren’t great.
4.     Sketchbook & Pencil – I find doodling therapeutic.
5.     Struggling with the last one………..Internet Connection? – self explanatory.

8) If you won the lottery what would you do?

The first thing that I would do is go shopping – like straight away! Going shopping and not looking
at the price tag on anything is my dream! Then after a good few days of spending and a couple of holidays I would start up my own fashion/beauty business, something I aspire to do but winning
the lottery would make life much easier.

9) If you were the president/prime minister what is the first thing you would do and why?

Stop benefits for people too lazy to work. It really annoys me that some people who don’t work are
better off than those who do, it makes no sense.

10) If you could witness any event in the world - past, present or future what would it be and
why?

Hahahaha, I think there’s a few night’s out over the years that I would like to go back and relive that
I don’t have much memory of…

11) What would you consider a perfect day?

Bed. Dominos Pizza. Horror Movies. All Day.

Thank you again to Georgie for nominating me on this tag! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. The blogs I would like to nominate for The Leibster awards are:

abbielouisebeauty
laurenselwood
laneyrisner

My questions for you to answer....

1.    Why did you start your blog?
2.    IF money was not a factor, what would be your dream job?
3.    If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
4.    If you have a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up?
5.    What is your most prized possession?
6.    If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
7.    Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?
8.    What would you do today if you knew you could not fail?
9.    What is your favourite thing to do first thing in the morning?
10.  Is there something you love to do, although most people dislike it?
11. If you could, what would you tell 10 year old you?

Looking forward to reading your answers! :)
Love,


2 comments

  1. Thank you Jodie, I really appricate it!

    Lauren x | www.laurenselwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for nominating me! :) I've actually done a post about this award a while back but I truly appreciate it!

    lipstickandlaughter.com

    ReplyDelete