L'OREAL COLOR RICHE LIPSTICK MAGNETIC CORAL REVIEW

This is my first blog post so please be nice. I’m sure I’m going to have a lot to improve on as I continue to write posts. Over the last few years I have become increasingly interested in blogging, but up until now I have just been an avid reader– so I thought it was about time that I give it a go too, since I spend so much time reading other peoples blogs. I was unsure what to write my first post on so I took to my trusty handbag to fish out the beauty product that I have been loving the most recently – I thought this would be a great place to start. 

373 Magnetic Coral - £6.99



Selfie Time!!! :)


This product is a L’Oréal Lipstick from their Colour Riche Collection in the colour Magnetic Coral. I came across this lipstick on a recent visit to Superdrug. I had my eye on MAC Vegas Volt to match an outfit I had put together for a night out, but I was unable to get to a MAC counter and delivery wouldn’t have gotten to me on time so I had set out to find something similar. I still haven’t purchased Vegas Volt so I can’t say how similar they actually are but I was happy with the colour and it went very well with my baby blue outfit. I am still planning to buy the MAC lipstick so I will do a comparison post on these two lipsticks once I have done this.

The L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipstick sits well on the lips, gives a slight sheen. I like the creamy consistency and the way it feels on the lips. The only thing I would say is that it doesn't taste very nice...so try and not get any in your mouth and definitely don't lick your lips! Another point I would make is that the colour doesn’t last very long on the lips. I tend to re-apply lipstick far too often when its not actually needed but this one did actually need to be touched up quite regularly to keep the colour looking vivid and bright. I would say that the colour of this lipstick needs to be built up – one layer just doesn’t have that ‘va va voom factor’ that you can achieve from this lipstick after a few swipes. I guess this is a good thing for people who prefer a more subtle look but I personally like a very bright lip. Overall though, I do really like this lipstick.

I have been wearing this colour a lot since I bought it a couple of weeks ago and it is a great coral colour that I think will get a lot of use out of throughout the summer. Bright pink is my holy grail, go-to lip colour so I have been trying to mix things up a little recently and try something different. Sometimes I have found it difficult to find a red toned lipstick to suit my fair complexion and blonde hair but I think this one does the trick perfectly and may be converting me from my Barbie pink ways.


Do you have any recommendations on Coral lipsticks? 

Thank you for reading :)

Love,

No comments