TREND ALERT: PURPLE OMBRE LIPS

So, the ombre trend first started a few years ago now with our hair. This trend has been one that has stuck around and has transformed many peoples looks - I have had very subtle ombre in my hair before and I loved it and I'm planning on getting in back soon to give my hair a little make-over. Now this trend is spreading and my new favourite style of ombre is for the lips. Throughout the years we have seen this make up look on the runways of Dior, Miu Miu and many other high end designers and it has now become a bit of a high street trend. Here's how I achieve this look and the products that I used...


Step 1: Line lips with dark lip liner. I have used MUA Intense Colour Eye Liner in Berry
Wine (I know - "Eyeliner? Whaaaaat?!" Does exactly the same thing, honest).This
eyeliner was £1.00 from Superdrug. I like to slightly over-line my lips when doing
this look and then start to bring the colour slightly in towards the centre of the lips but
not right the way in.


Step 2: Fill in the centre of the lip with a lighter lip colour. I used Rimmel Lasting
Finish by Kate Lipstick in colour 28 which is a nice light pink colour. I bought
this a few weeks ago and it got thrown to the bottom of my make up bag because I
didn't like the colour on its own but I think with this lip liner it works perfectly.


Step 3: Blot lips together to blend the two colours together. Then I just re-apply the
lip liner and lipstick as needed. I usually just go round my lip line with the darker
colour to create a stronger line and then line round the outside of my lips with a light
coloured concealer to make the lips stand out more. Here I have just used a little of my
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair with a small angled brush.

This look is fast becoming one of my favourites to change things up a little for my night out make up. These two colours are great! I also like to use a brown eyeliner and a light brown lipstick to create a more subtle daytime look.

Who else loves this trend?

Thanks for Reading - Please follow me on Bloglovin'


Love,


6 comments

  1. I really love the effect you achieved! Great job :)

    Have a lovely day!
    Anna x
    Pattern Of Taste | Our Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first ever comment! YAY!

      Thank you :)

      Jodie x

      Delete
  2. i love this so much, suits you really well!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle :)

      Jodie x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Just love this look and will be trying it soon!

    The Gift of Gab | http://gabofgift.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it :)

      Jodie x

      Delete